Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Day at UCP: University of Central Punjab

Syed Mohammad Shahid who lives in Lahore, picked me up from Imran House Lahore and took me as a guest to University of Central Punjab which is the parent chapter of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University (MAJU) in Karachi. He teaches Islamic Banking at UCP to students of MBA programme, and today was final presentations that his students were going to deliver, so he took me as a guest judge.

The premises of the University is good - compact, yet detailed - i.e. having a well furnished library and having Internet facility at every corner. The building is also very well maintained - no leakages or seepages.

I sat on the front row inside the class - a lecture hall well furnished with proper multimedia facilities. The first group gave the presentation which was not at all attractive, and then came the second group which was impressive. I went reminiscent of my times when we used to give presentations at University of Karachi, and especially for the course of Business Communication.

According to Nadeem, my cousin has "so executive looks". He surely does have those looks. And walking besides him at the University while the students were talking to him cheering at him before the presentations etc made me feel a little "executive" too ;)

After this we left for a biryani session, and he dropped me back to Imran House.

A wonderful experience I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment