Monday, December 8, 2008

Break fails...

And my car is into the rear bumper of a new Corolla. I tried to push the break, it was going inside as if there exists nothing at the other end of the break - no oil, or as if it is all free... it was horrifying. I did not pull the hand breaks even, and the car was just not stopping at all!! I could see the Corolla 2.0D standing still at the Jauhar round about signal, waiting to go green, and I felt extremely helpless at not able to stop my car, it was just rocketing without any stops...

Then it crashed into the Corolla... causing its rear bumper to break, trunk affected, lights bent.

I rushed to the gentleman driving the car, a really nice man. I told him instantly that my breaks failed completely, he came to see what happened to his car, I tried to see what happened and identified the dents, and asked him to tell me the expense so that I caould pay him for that.
to my surprise, the gentleman did not even ask for anything, did not even utter a word, and went back to his car. I really felt bad, and gave him my card...

The reason was that my break tube was all old, so much so that it bursted out when I applied the brakes, and then there was no use applying brakes...

I got a new tube installed just then, and drove to office. But still I am a little scared off to drive back home. Car overhauling on saturday.

Thank God nothing happened to anyone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment