Friday, August 8, 2008

No cure, but I am adamant.

I went to Aga Khan University Hospital today, to have a check up for the chronic sinusitis problem that I have. The doctor asked me my conditions, and on listening to them, he said there is 'no cure' for this. Inside, I got a little furious, because this time, I just exposed myself to a little morning air, and it made me get sick! So if even this little exposure can cause me inflammation, how will I control/prevent from it?

The doctor already had the answers:

- No exposure to open air
- No carpets at workplace or home, not at all
- No thick curtains in room, very light ones
- The bed needs to be put into sunlight every week, and cleaned regularly
- No colored drinks
- No juices, only the real ones allowed

This list drives me Crazzzy!! When I asked him about the possible surgery that the last doctor I consulted told me about, he gave me the opinion that I don't need it as such because my nasal passage is not too bad, it is just the hypersensitivity of my nasal mucosa that causes this.
I insisted for the surgery, because this is my target to get rid of this chronic sinusitis. He replied me to come back in 4 weeks time after taking medicines and then he will get my skull CT scanned to make 100% sure if either my surgery can be done or not. I am hopeful.

Meanwhile, before the doctor, an internee doctor took my initial/basic checkup. My blood pressure was not normal, it was high, she asked me a few questions, and then concluded that my blood pressure usually stay abnormal. Either too high or too low. Mostly it is high. Which is not due to any physical ailment...

No comments:

Post a Comment