Thursday, July 26, 2007

A memorable night

I was tired and didn't feel like going to the Milad (ceremony to celebrate the birthday of Holy Prophet Mohammed P. B. U. H. or any of the twelve Imams)which Hadi invited me to, but then Bhaijan called and asked if I was coming or not, he said its up to you whether to come or not, so in a couple of minutes I decided to go there as I have not attended much or any Milads this year. So I went there, and I did not expect Islamic Scholar Hasan Zafar to be there. I found my place inside the hall of the venue which was Imambargah Zainul Aabideen at Nagan Chowrangi, North Karachi. After a couple of poets, Mehshar Lakhnavi came to deliver his poetry in praise of the Masoomeen (a.s.) and I really enjoyed the poetry. It was on the base of the famous Arabic poetry "Hasonat Dujabay Jamalehi" and Mr. Mehshar Lakhnavi did it in a very attractive way. It was like making a necklace after the selecting the finest ones from a bag of very worthy stones!

After him, came Hasan Zafar whom I always has seen as speeching at the Mosque of Babul Ilm Nazimabad in the 10-day Majlis held at 9 p.m. But this time, to every one's surprise, he started off as a poet, and that too in rhythm. The poetry was astonishingly attractive and praise-worthy and so was his style of deliverance! My brother and sister must have regretted going back home soon as they both are somehow fans of Hasan Zafar.

After him came a guest poet from India and he really delivered praise deserving content.

It was late in night and thus I reached home with an acquaintance who lives next to my lane on motorbike.

After so many days of dispersed thoughts, this night came to me as memorable one.

I'll try uploading the video of Hasan Zafar delivering his poetry and embed it to my post as soon as I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment