Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hello Library!

Light went out at the University due to a transformer blast near the Central Library of the University of Karachi, named Dr. Mahmood Hussain Library. It caused me to leave Web House and from Administration building I reached Centre for Molecular Genetics to meet Dr. Nuzhat but she wasn't there, obviously it was lunch time and I was just giving a dumb try to check out if she was there or not. Well, once found that she wasn't there I planned to go there to the Digital Library and thought to read something which would help me in my Final Year project. My tummy cried and I took lunch from the nearby canteen which is just opposite to the PCMD building. Chanay ki daal and roti was really delicious and then having myself satisfied left for the Digital Library. People here, as all others, have no library ethics and are chatting in loud noise (they ought to watch Mr. Bean in the Library clip). Although I told my mother that I'm coming home, but I guess as always I've changed my mind after talking to her and now I'm here.



Here I am, sitting in a library which has air conditioners saving me from the scorching heat, and outside, or even at my home, people, including my mother, are working hard in this extremely hot weather which is nearly unbareable and that too in absence of electricity. If I am handed over the seat of a judge, I will stay ashamed of myself.

So I'm back to studying; thats what I, and all of us who are sitting in this library, ought to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment